Students matter here.
We don't believe they are merely the future of the church. We believe they are the present. We've read the statistics. They say anywhere from 70-80% of students drop out of church after high school. We are seeking to reverse that trend, one student at a time. That's why our goal here at FBC Ripley is to equip students to become lifelong followers of Jesus. We want to raise up young people who are passionate about reaching their friends, school, and community with the Good News about Jesus.
Our vision is to create an exciting, impacting, and accepting place where students can gather, grow, and go as they become lifelong followers of Jesus.
- Gather- We want students to understand the importance of gathering together regularly to worship God and to learn what it means to be united as a church. This part of our ministry model takes place on Wednesday nights at The Stand and Sunday mornings during Corporate Worship.
- Grow- We want students to grow in Christ through discipleship in groups with other students their own age/gender. This part of our ministry model takes place on Sunday mornings during Sunday School, but primarily on Sunday nights in dGroups (Discipleship Groups).
- Go- We want students to know the importance of sharing their faith and living their lives on mission. This part of our ministry takes place at our summer missions camp, backyard Bible clubs, giving to our weekly missions offering, sharing Jesus daily at school, and other mission’s opportunities throughout the year.
We offer several opportunities for students to worship throughout the week.
- Our students begin each Sunday on the second floor at 9:15 am with donuts, orange juice, and God's Word. Students then join their families for Worship at 10:30 am.
- On Sunday nights at 5:30pm, we have dGroups, which are small groups based on gender and age, led by an older, mature believer for the purpose of making disciple-makers.
- On Wednesdays at 6pm, our middle schoolers gather at The Stand in the FLC for engaging worship, a relevant message from God's Word, games, and more.
- At 7pm, our high schoolers meet for The Stand in the FLC.